Superior Cleaning & Restoration Inc. is a full service cleaning and restoration company, with over 20 years of experience in residential / commercial cleaning and Water Damage Restoration.
All of us like our bathrooms-squeaky clean, shiny, and free from germs. But, a silent invader called mold may make your bathroom look dirty and unhygienic. However, there are a few quick, cheap and effective tips you can use to help get rid of mold in your bathroom, say experts in tiles and grout cleaning Murrieta.
- To effectively scrub the mold away, treat the grout between tiles and the caulking with a paste made of water and baking soda. Leave on for as long as you need to—for example, very dirty grout can use an hour or two. Spray the tiles with water and use a scrub brush to clean the grout with a brisk back and forth motion. Rinse well and buff dry.
- When you have finished showering, turn on a fan or open a window until the humidity from your shower has dissipated.
- To doubly protect your bathroom, keep a spray bottle nearby and quickly mist the tiles and caulking after your shower with an anti-mold solution per theadviceof experts in tile and grout cleaning Encinitas.
- Use a squeegee, towel or cloth to dry all tiles after they get wet. Make sure you have a bathroom fan or window that can suck the excess moisture out of the air.
- To remove mold or mildew, make a paste with a small amount of water and apply it directly to the affected areas. Allow it to sit for 30 minutes. Scrub the grout with a tooth brush, and then rinse and dry it.
- A penetrating sealer is important for bathroom grout, because it is absorbed into the grout's pores and protects it from mold and mildew.